Tuesday October 28th
I can't list all of the places we went today but let me tell you about some of my favorites. At the top of the list was Nazareth. They have constructed a life size model that represents what Nazareth would have looked like when Jesus lived there. They had shepherds in the field and carpenters working with authentic tools, women working with wool all in period costumes etc. All of the buildings were constructed with tools that they used 2000 years ago. They had constructed a synagogue that was beautiful in it's simplicity. It was very easy to imagine life back then. There was a wonderful spirit there. The feeling was definitely not like a theme park There was to much love and devotion there.
We visited the Mount of Beatitudes. Brother John Lund spoke on the importance of relying on the Lord"s promised blessings in the Beatitudes. He reminded us to take discouragement to the Lord and love those around us. Remember to add the key phrase "...who come unto me." to each Beatitude. (3 Nephi 12)
We went to Capernaum. Here Jesus healed the Centurion, here the woman touched Christ's robe and was healed. All that remains of Capernaum is the ruins of the synagogue. Matt 11:21-24
We also went to Yardenit which is the site on the Jordan River where John baptized Jesus. People were putting on a white robe and baptizing themselves. They did it with such reverence.
That night they took our group on a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Marvin went with them but I had a cold and was not feeling well and exhaustion took the upper hand and I stayed at the hotel and slept.
1 comment:
Wow! That does sound wonderful. I love it when history can come alive like that. I'm sorry you were sick for the boat ride.
Love you!
Post a Comment